Monday, January 13, 2020

January 13, 2020

It's officially been six months and time has flown by. It's also strange because I've been in my first city for my entire mission haha.

I'm learning stattarúle, the dialect in Statte, from a guy in my English course. It's basically a ten minute class after English course. It's crazy because the dialect comes from Italian but sounds nothing like it. The grammar is kind of the same but also the grammar also doesn't exist in dialect technically. It's very weird. I've only learned simple phrases like bè wagnù! Shamene ca ije tarde. Which you can't pronounce just by reading it, and it's nothing like Italian 😂. It translates basically to alright boys! Let's go because it's getting late. Things like this just keep the language interesting so it's not awful to study every single day. And yes learning a dialect does help with my real Italian.

I'm still learning guitar and stuff so that's cool too. I had exchanges in Bari so I got to serve there for another day. They have an African investigator who knows the doctrine and covenants better than I do I swear. He's literally the definition of elect. 

In Statte the work is currently focused on less active members and their families. It's pretty awesome being able to create these strong bonds with people who speak another language haha.

But yeah not too much going on. Just out here grindin'. Vi voglio bene e ci sentiamo fra poco! 

No comments:

Post a Comment