Monday, October 14, 2019

October 14, 2019

 So this week was fun. We had a baptism in Taranto and I have our investigator committed for baptism in two weeks so we're crossing our fingers everything goes well. My new companion is cool and we're getting along. I'll try to get pictures of us if I haven't sent them already. 
    
    We had zone conference and stake conference this weekend and it was great. It was fun seeing President Smith and his wife and all of the other missionaries in Puglia. I really do love it here.
    
    I realize the amount of work to sleep ratio is waaaay off balance because I looked like I had two black eyes. That night though after working all day I slept like a rock. By the way... You all may be confused as to what my work consists of haha. So. We wake up and study. We make appointments and call people and plan lessons. We go do service for people like yard work or whatever else they need whenever we can. We teach lessons and sometimes we do street contacting. Tuesdays and Thursdays we have English course. We basically teach a group of Italians English and it's actually really fun. But our schedule is always different so it's actually impossible to share my schedule for every day. Pronzo out here is the big meal so we go home and eat and study then go back to work after. People don't want to be bothered during Pronzo.
    But yeah I'm always exhausted and I'm happiest when I'm with the people or studying. Strange life 😂. I'm taking the lead on lessons now because I can now speak Italian. When it comes to normal conversations I'm still lacking but with the gospel I can basically talk about most things.
Anyways. Vi voglio bene!
He said it's a good thing he likes pasta because he eats a LOT of it. 





I think this was his attempt at chorizo and potatoes. Except the chorizo he bought was Spanish chorizo that is a dry cured sausage. And evidently he didn't have potatoes. hahaha.  I don't know if they sell Mexican chorizo in Italy, but he must be missing it, because he emailed me asking me how to make it. - Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment