Monday, September 2, 2019

September 2, 2019

 So a week is a long time to remember everything that happened haha. But yes I got lined up by an Italian barber. He insisted on the style. Apparently I look even more Italian. A bunch of people say they see Italian in me and ask if I'm Italian. They always include how being short is an Italian feature haha.
     So the language is rough but apparently I'm doing better than most people on their first weeks which is encouraging but I also hardly understand anyone. So they're saying they walked around for a week understanding almost nothing? 😂 I guess this is how I learn patience for myself tho. Little kids are the best to talk to because it's very hard to understand them and they are just hilarious in general. I met a little girl with the biggest Italian attitude I've ever seen. She's all up in your face telling you about the YouTube show she's watching about crazy people that go into houses where vampires live. Or at least that's what I got from all of that. I can't wait until I can understand everyone better haha. 
    It's lit here tho and even tho we had to work with two cities and had no time to do anything we actually get everything done. My man Mario is almost done smoking so he can be baptized. I think I can say his name because literally so many people have the same first names. BTW... That preacher isn't scared of us being right. He has such a strong testimony that he doesn't believe he needs more. He's afraid to doubt his beliefs by testing ours out. He doesn't care at all about money either. He's an awesome guy looking for the truth and would do anything to follow God. The stories he and the other immigrants from Africa are insane. In order to get here they have to go through territory where they are in slaved and if they survive it they can leave for Italy. They credit God with their lives and they owe him everything. They're truly an elect people.
     Soon I'm going to only Statte and can really focus in on helping people there. Our area is still kinda big so some members have to drive an hour to get to church. Lots of people go inactive because of it. So my goal is to go out to that area and create a group big enough so they can meet on Sundays. We're meeting with the stake president this week. Luckily Anziano Stark doesn't think I'm crazy.
     Vi voglio bene! Syl (Speak Your Language-the process they were taught in the MTC where they try to only speak Italian) is super hard but it's coming. I'm doing great and I hope all of you are too! 





























No comments:

Post a Comment