Monday, August 26, 2019

August 26th, 2019

So it's been like two weeks since I've emailed haha. Week one in Italy was crazy but I love it here. It's hot and humid but I'm getting used to it pretty quick. So much has happened that I don't even know what to say. The more soupy the pizza the better it seems to be. The best pizza other than Napoli is in Statte and it's owned by a member so we always eat free. The ward is a big family and after one day of knowing them they treat me like I'm one of them. Everyone calls me a greeny and laughs and says I'm a baby. Someone said I look like people they know in Bari. The general attitude of everyone is amazing haha. Everyone is social and they get in each other's faces with their hands and they all call each other out on EVERYTHING. My companion is a
Anziano Stark but I'm in a trio with a
Anziano Officer because his greeny didn't come because of the whole visa situation. I'm over Statte but we are in charge of Statte and Taranto. We have two houses it's pretty cool. Apparently I'm doing pretty good with the language but that's only because I pray for help constantly and am always asking questions about it. The view of the city is from the Taranto house. I'm re-learning piano and guitar because we have both. One in each house. The feel of Italy is just overall great. Almost no traffic laws. Oh yeah...... we have a car. We have English class twice a week and most people that come aren't members of the church. They're amazed by how much Italian I knew my first day in Italy haha. Welp.... That's my story with no context or rhyme and reason as to how I change subjects every sentence. Also English is getting harder and harder especially when it comes to writing haha. Ciao! Vi voglio bene! 










No comments:

Post a Comment