Monday, September 9, 2019

September 9, 2019

So I was born in two cities, Statte and Taranto. I loved it but now my tale of two cities is over. Now I can focus on the people in my area and really get some work done. I will miss the people of Taranto tho. 
     We had a baptism in Taranto Saturday. Apparently someone else told a member that they would like to be baptized too! I love it here haha. There's some hilarious people like a member in Taranto that throws cornutes at everyone and pulls a knife on you haha. Everyone knows he's never serious but if you don't know him you'd totally think he is.
    We had zone conference! It was super fun and I got to spend a night in Bari. We got to go street contacting so we walked around with books of Mormon and talked to people. I met an awesome guy who dreams of visiting LA and I may have invited him to meet my family there when he goes. And since this is the first they've heard of this.... He's trying for summer of 2020! He speaks English and I'll keep you guys updated. We're Facebook friends now. 
    Dialects are fun haha I understood a lady when she told her husband to shut up and eat haha. I wouldn't be excited to understand it but it was a completely different dialect which can be a whole other language depending on where you are.
     We had a youth activity and watched emperor's new groove in Italian and ate Panzerotti. It was super fun and I think us missionaries enjoyed the movie way more than the youth haha. Now that I can somewhat understand them and speak I can actually make friends with the youth and members.
     Voglio imparare la lingua più veloce ma ogni persona dice "piano piano" (step by step). È più difficile parlare di capire.
My favorite part about this language is probably how often they use the word beautiful. They say ciao bello as a greeting all the time haha.

Vi voglio bene! Ciao! 







These egg things are called Pumi.  They're good luck or something.  You can google it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment