Friday, July 26, 2019

July 26, 2019

Ciao! Italian truly is a beautiful language. Addio is a goodbye used only when it's a final goodbye. It translates literally to "to God". That's just one example of how dramatic they are haha. Apparently as I speak I have a pretty good Italian accent, according to the Italian in my district. His mom over Skype said I was doing really good too. The gift of tongues is so real. The temple is closed for the entirety of my stay at the mtc but I got to go clean the temple for 3 and a half hours today. We play hacky sack a lot as a district and after four hits you can catch it and throw it at someone. It's really fun. We have 3 hours of class at a time and two of those classes with a couple hours in between every day. That seemed like a lot but those 3 hours don't even feel like 1. Studying the language is a lot of fun and SYL (speak your language), where you basically try to say as much as possible in the language you're learning, really helps a lot. All is well in the Provo MTC but I'm dying to go to Italy and meet real people. 

Tuesday evening devotional



No comments:

Post a Comment