Tuesday, November 12, 2019

November 11, 2019

Domenico bought us cologne. We got to see him again but we didn't have time to sneak in a lesson.

I had a scambio at Lecce. I don't know how to say it in English. It's where you trade companions for the night and the next morning. So I stayed the night in Lecce and we walked around the city for 4 hours trying to talk to people. We ate pizza and went to bed. That was basically all our scambio was haha.

We have transfer calls tomorrow. I don't think I'm gonna leave but we'll see. I couldn't imagine doing missionary work anywhere but here tho. And btw I'm not forgetting English... Only the more advanced vocabulary I'm forgetting. And I don't know words in English if it's like missionary terminology or something that I didn't ever learn in English to begin with.

BTW I forgot to say. I went to the English course in Lecce and it was short notice to tell them we were having it so only like 4 or 5 people showed up. But that's not the point. It was actually really fun and we made fun of how Italians give directions and stuff and they know that one of their missionaries are leaving so they were like "maybe you'll come to Lecce!" and I'm very doubtful of that haha but it's nice that they liked me haha. My 1/4 Italian helps me bond with Italians I guess. Especially the old men. I just get them ðŸ˜‚ like I'm on the same wavelength as these old Italian men. They're honestly hilarious.

It's only sometimes that I really think of home but it feels like it's been an eternity since I've been there. I feel like I've been in Italy my whole life haha. I've only been away for 3 transfers (18 weeks) or only 17 weeks as of the 11th actually. I also feel like my emails home are different than everyone else's. I just gotta keep it interesting so people might actually read 'em ya know?

I guess I'll finish my saying that if you're the age to be a missionary... Go. If you're considering it at all than go. I've learned more in these past few months than I think I've learned my whole life. If you have the heart to change and grow god will really help you with that. Never have I seen the path so clearly. Like I'm not just gonna say I'm closer to God than ive ever been. I probably am but still. I am gonna say however that I can almost literally see that path I have to follow and I can easily see my progress as I follow it. And whenever I don't feel that clarity it means I'm straying off the path, maybe not by much but enough to keep me from getting where I want to go.

If you want to talk about the gospel email me! I'm the weekly hotline for that for the next two years and it's literally my life rn so hit me up. There are some cases that I can reply any day but don't lean on that one because that's very very rare. But now my email is too long and grazie mille to those who actually read this. 

Vi voglio bene!! 















No comments:

Post a Comment